1 view

Deering, Brian R.

Aug 28, 2007, 7:53:07 PM8/28/07
to tet_p...@googlegroups.com
Hello All

Attached is a Google Earth (GE) file with some INTSUM activity from 1968 February 13.

If you already have GE installed on the computer you're then simply double click on the attached file. It will open GE and take you to an area north of Hue. I found the logo of 1-9 CAV Co and I made up logos for the other entities.

I'd like to know how people feel about the genuine logo and the made up logo. I prefer the made up logos because I am not familiar with the genuine logos of any of the entities. Therefore, the made up icons are easier for me to m ake sense of.

What does someone else think?

Brian R. Deering
The MITRE Corporation
MS T730
7515 Colshire Drive
McLean, VA 22102

703.983.7633

Check out my personal project: http://groups.google.com/group/tet_project/

1st Cavalry (AIRMOBILE) Div.kmz

Bergerson Fred

Aug 28, 2007, 8:22:45 PM8/28/07
to tet_p...@googlegroups.com

Dear Brian,

The real logos can be found on the website of the first cavalry division association. I am heading to Chicago tomorrow. I’ll be back for labor day.

Fred

Williams, Brian E.

Aug 29, 2007, 9:59:13 AM8/29/07
to tet_p...@googlegroups.com

Here is a link to the United States Institute of Heraldry

http://www.tioh.hqda.pentagon.mil/DUI_SSI_COA_page.htm

It is kind of slow, but had great unit insignias in GIF format with descriptions of the heraldry behind them.  The down side, these are the CURRENT unit insignias.   The army likes their traditions, so the chances an insignia has undergone a drastic makeover since Vietnam are slim.   Air Force units have changed their insignias more frequent since they were going thought some growing pains since 1947.  This is a .mil site, so some people may have difficulty accessing it.  E-mail me back if you have problems and I can get you want you want.

Brian E. Williams
Senior Information Systems Engineer
The MITRE Corporation
7515 Colshire Drive Stop N230