Tet Offensive Reenactors? Well sort of, but with paintball guns.

Deering, Brian R.

Aug 13, 2007, 7:34:16 PM8/13/07
to tet_p...@googlegroups.com
Thought this was interesting but otherwise of no significance.

I caught this off of the Internet. There is a paintball community who is meeting in Hubbard, OH on August 25, 2007 to reenact (maybe replay) the Tet Offensive but with paintballs. I'm thinking they won't be as period precise as the Civil War reenactors we have around Virginia.

TET OFFENSIVE SCENARIO

# Date : August 25, 2007

# Producer : ARC Troopers/Battlefront Paintball

# Category : 1 Day Scenario

# Location : Hubbard, OH 44425

# Event Description :

January 30, 1968 Hue Vietnam.
    The TET Holiday was beginning, and the north has called a seven
day truce to observe the sacred holiday. Over 3/4 of the South
Vietnamese Army is on leave, and the American soldiers and Marines are
relaxed and enjoying the quite time off.......Now all hell has broken
loose, American Marines scramble to defensive positions as the North
launches the largest most well coordinated attack of the Vietnam War,
over 100 towns and cities and 36 provisional capitols are attacked at
once.
Now Join Battlefront Paintball and The ARC Troopers as we pit General
Westmoreland vs. General Giap in what was called the turning point of
the Vietnam War. This game will include Medics, Demo soldiers, Rocket
squads, Air Cav, Spys, Pilots, Traitors and other player roles and
special props in this Battlefront first, a mission/point based
scenario where Generals command the action, their decisions and the
bravery of their troops will decide the outcome.
 All right Boys and Girls the time has come to begin ramping up for
the epic TET Offensive match.
This game will be a mission/points based and have Player roles such as
Demo, Medic, Engineer, Snipers and several others, more to come later
on that. All player roles will be requested and assigned the day of
the game on first come first serve basis. The only two roles that will
be chosen before the game is each teams General and XO.
http://www.battlefrontpaintball.com/community/forums/thread/9410.aspx
(TET Player Roles)
General:
  The General receives mission information and dispatches troopers to
achieve missions. The General must be in the command tent to receive
mission information.
XO:
  The Generals Executive Officer may receive mission information in
place of the General if he is absent from the Command Headquarters.
Both Generals and XO's are worth bonus points if eliminated.
Now the Fun Part.  Nominations for General and XO. We aren't sure how
exactly we will do this, most likely a vote of some kind but for right
now any players interested in being a general or XO may nominate
themselves now. Please tell us which side you wish to lead (USA Vs.
NVA) and why you feel you would be the best officer for that duty.

# Event admission

$20.00 SCENARIO FEE
FIELD PAINT ONLY STARTING AT $57.00/CASE
$5.00 CO2/$9.00 HPA ALL DAY

Registration will be open at 7:00 a.m. Saturday morning.

All tanks / bottles WILL be inspected prior to filling. Tanks /
bottles that are out of hydro date will NOT be filled.

    * Tent camping!
    * Flush toilets!
    * Snack Shack on premises!
    * Pro Shop on premises!

    There is a 400 player cap on this game!

    *Missions *Props *Pyrotechnics *Role-playing

# Contact Information :

    Players may reach the field owners at (330) 550-7185 or  (330)
727-2952

# E-mail : contac...@battlefrontpaintball.com

# Field Website : www.battlefrontpaintball.com

# Forum Link  http://www.battlefrontpaintball.com/community/forums/42/ShowForum.aspx

    Reply    Reply to author    Forward       Rate this post: Text for clearing space
Bootman
Role Addition: This game will feature an intel officer, whose job will be to track clues leading him to more clues, riddles, points and possible game altering intelligence. Each team will have one intel officer. The americans will field a CIA agent while the NVA will make use of the KGBs presence. These roles will be challenging, but not impossible. Clues may be hidden on the field, the map or any other materials provided to you for the game. Keep your eyes open. The roles in this scenario will also be assigned by the team generals. If you are interested in playing a specific role, contact your team general and let him know.
 More options Aug 13, 12:47 pm
Newsgroups: alt.sport.paintball

From: Bootman <BattlefrontBoot...@cisnet.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 09:47:59 -0700
On Aug 8, 1:18 pm, Bootman <BattlefrontBoot...@cisnet.com> wrote:

> [...]

> # Forum Link  http://www.battlefrontpaintball.com/community/forums/42/ShowForum.aspx

Role Addition:

This game will feature an intel officer, whose job will be to track
clues leading him to more clues, riddles, points and possible game
altering intelligence.

Each team will have one intel officer. The americans will field a CIA
agent while the NVA will make use of the KGBs presence. These roles
will be challenging, but not impossible. Clues may be hidden on the
field, the map or any other materials provided to you for the game.
Keep your eyes open.

The roles in this scenario will also be assigned by the team generals.
If you are interested in playing a specific role, contact your team
general and let him know.

    Reply    Reply to author    Forward       Rate this post: Text for clearing space

clear_star_blue_outline.gif
dot_clear.gif