We need more storage space for INTSUM images

Deering, Brian R.

Jul 31, 2007, 1:14:24 PM7/31/07
to tet_p...@googlegroups.com
All,

My son and I plan another trip to the National Archives on Saturday, August 18. We hope, now that we are aware of how things work, to complete capturing all of the remaining INTSUMS. It occurs to me that, by Sunday, August 19, we will have a storage problem.

You see, Google allows us a maximum of 100 MB of storage space. We are already using 58.8% of that available space with what is 10 to 15 days of INTSUMS. I figure we require between 5 and 7 MB of storage space for each day we capture.

Give or take, we will require between 4 and 6 GB of storage space total.

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding where we can locate free FTP space or other free file storage? I'm not terribly worried about it being a secure space as I will maintain a backup copy of the files on my local laptop. Should someone corrupt our working files I can restore it from my backup set.

I've looked into the storage space that my ISP provides for me but that amounts to a mere 10 MB.

Any ideas?

Thanx,

Just Brian

Williams, Brian E.

Jul 31, 2007, 1:23:34 PM7/31/07
to tet_p...@googlegroups.com

http://www.freehostingnow.com/            10GB!!!

Brian E. Williams
Senior Information Systems Engineer
The MITRE Corporation
7515 Colshire Drive Stop N230
McLean, VA  22102-7539
Phone: 703-983-2542
Mobile: 540-270-1609
Fax:     703-983-3315
Pager: 877-242-9762
bewil...@mitre.org

Deering, Brian R.

Jul 31, 2007, 1:43:30 PM7/31/07
to tet_p...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Captain Brian!

Things are set up. We have 10 GB of free storage space at http://www.freehostingnow.com/login.jsp.

The username is "tetproject." lower case
The password id "INTSUMS." UPPER CASE

I have not put any files there yet. I will let the list know when I have moved the files.

Just Brian

Jul 31, 2007, 1:58:51 PM7/31/07
to tet_p...@googlegroups.com
I considered that as an alternative to simply a directory with folders and files but in their list of applications they didn't have MediaWiki, the one I'm most familiar with. I've not tried the freehostingnow.com alternatives such as TikiWiki and Wikiwig so I'm reluctant to jump right in to a Wiki here.

If one of the MediaWiki alternatives seems OK then this option solves a whole host of problems for us as this project grows.

Jul 31, 2007, 7:27:41 PM7/31/07
to tet_p...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for finding the FTP access and trying MediaWiki!

Let me take a look at TikiWiki (sounds like a tele-tubby character). If we can use the resource that they provide for free we may avoid some hassles.

I'll hope that TikiWiki is very similar to MediaWiki.

Thanx
Just Brian

Jul 31, 2007, 8:12:50 PM7/31/07
to tet_p...@googlegroups.com
I'll have to spend more time looking at the other applications that are available at freehosting.com.

A WIkiwig demo is available at http://wikiwig.sourceforge.net/. It's got a really nice WYSIWYG editor but I can't seem to get to the code behind the page. Perhaps we don't really need to be able to get to the code.