Mapping INTSUM points in Google Earth

Deering, Brian R.

Aug 28, 2007, 10:52:54 AM8/28/07
to tet_p...@googlegroups.com
All

I'm experimenting with Google Earth and plotting points of activity listed in the INTSUMS and can use some help interpreting the text of the INTSUMS.

For instance, how do I read the following?
"1-7 CAV C. CO."
"2-5 ABN C. CO."

What is the lowest level of entity I would expect to see in the INTSUMS?

For the plotting the points I plot I would like to use the logo of whatever entity was involved. Does anyone know of a good site where I can obtain digital logos of the various entities?

Thanx for any help.

Brian

WBA...@aol.com

Aug 29, 2007, 7:56:07 AM8/29/07
to tet_p...@googlegroups.com
C Company 1st of the 7th.
I do not remember what ABN stood for...
Lowest level would be platoon, imho
============

William M. Ames
250 Main Street
PO Box 360
No. Easton, MA 02356
wba...@aol.com

McConnell, Dan J.

Aug 29, 2007, 8:04:20 AM8/29/07
to tet_p...@googlegroups.com
ABN stands for Airborne, the 101st and 82nd Divisions were both Airborne Divisions in those days.

Platoons are lowest level with an officer in charge (with an E-7 Sgt First Class as the Platoon Sergeant), but even platoons break down into squads for Infantry (E-6 Staff Sergeants) and they each have two fire teams of 5 men each, led by an E-5 sergeant.

Armor "squads" are just the tank crews.

Dan McConnell