How to use "pry" with TW?

Old Grantonian

Oct 23, 2014, 5:51:55 AM10/23/14
to test...@googlegroups.com
At the top of a _test.rb page, I added:

require 'pry'

I got the error:

no such file to load -- pry

I repeated the same experiment in test_helper.rb, and got the same error.

How do I use "pry" with TW?

Xindi

Oct 23, 2014, 8:00:19 AM10/23/14
to test...@googlegroups.com
For adding gems in TestWise, refer to

Old Grantonian

Oct 23, 2014, 2:49:49 PM10/23/14
to test...@googlegroups.com
When I added "require 'pry' " at the top of test_helper, I got the message:
-------------------------------------

output.puts Pry.view_clip(value, id: true)
^
DEFAULT_EXCEPTION_HANDLER = proc do |output, exception, _|
^
proc do |_, _, _pry_|
^
C:/TestWiseProjects/iList/unit_tests/../test_helper.rb:3:in `require'
C:/TestWiseProjects/iList/unit_tests/../test_helper.rb:3
C:/TestWiseProjects/iList/unit_tests/f_add_member_test.rb:3:in `load'
C:/TestWiseProjects/iList/unit_tests/f_add_member_test.rb:3

Xindi

Oct 25, 2014, 6:19:55 AM10/25/14
to test...@googlegroups.com

I know what is 'pry' for.  I found the debugging capabilities in TestWise Professional is satisfactory and productive (for maintaining big test suite), never need to use 'pry'. As such, I unable to answer  this question.

Old Grantonian

Oct 26, 2014, 2:38:10 AM10/26/14
to test...@googlegroups.com
I have the Community version.

I think the error message is from TestWise - not from Pry. Please advise how to eliminate the error message and get Pry working.

I followed the procedure exactly as you recommended here:

Xindi

Oct 27, 2014, 7:22:46 PM10/27/14
to test...@googlegroups.com
"Pry" gem is not supported in TestWise.  Without going too much in detail, gems have dependencies. TestWise Professional has built-in simple and intuitive (feedback from TW Professional users) debugging capabilities such as running selected test script against current browser, run to line, pause and continue. We would like to keep TestWise simple, and will continue enhance the existing debugging functions but supporting another 'debugging' library is unlikely.