Web Automation Driver - Watir-WebDriver grayed out

NEdwards

Jul 27, 2015, 9:22:04 PM7/27/15
to TestWise
When creating a new project, why does Web Automation Driver: Watir-WebDriver get grayed out if I first select Test Script Syntax: RWebSpec? I understand RWebSpec uses Watir-Webdriver (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7361789/watir-webdriver-rwebspec), but I'm unclear if TestWise is trying to force that selection or prevent it.

It doesn't seem to toggle back to selectable when I choose a different Test Script Syntax (bug?).

Thanks.
rws.jpg
rwssel.jpg
rwsnotoggle.jpg

Zhimin

Jul 27, 2015, 9:40:55 PM7/27/15
to TestWise, nich...@everfi.com, nich...@everfi.com
Which version of TestWise do you use?  Watir-WebDriver is only supported in TestWise Pro. By default, TestWise support Watir-Classic, to switch to Watir-WebDriver, click Tools menu -> "Use Watir-WebDriver" and re-start TestWise.

NEdwards

Jul 27, 2015, 9:54:14 PM7/27/15
to TestWise, zhimi...@gmail.com
I am currently using the free version. 4.2.7.

Zhimin

Jul 28, 2015, 7:47:34 PM7/28/15
to TestWise, nich...@everfi.com, nich...@everfi.com

You are using the TestWise Pro in trial then, The free community edition does not support Watir-WebDriver.

The issue you reported is fixed in v4.2.8, thanks for reporting that.

NEdwards

Aug 7, 2015, 1:09:34 AM8/7/15
to TestWise, nich...@everfi.com
Great, thank you, I see that it is fixed.

Does it matter what driver I select with RWebSpec? I'm still not clear why Watir-WebDriver grays out in the first place when I select RWebSpec.

I thought I had some tests running with RWebSpec and Watir-WebDriver, but I seem to be getting errors when I check them again:
no such file to load -- C:/everfiproject/RWSWWD/spec/../rwebspec_utils.rb