Virus in Testwise 4.4.1 download?

Evan Chen

Oct 16, 2015, 2:35:28 AM10/16/15
to TestWise
Dear

I have download the latest version Testwise.

When I try to install , Avira show it has "HEUR/APC(Cloud)"

Could you check the original file ?

Thanks a lot

Zhimin

Oct 16, 2015, 2:37:53 AM10/16/15
to TestWise
I just verified the download link, which is fine. Please try again.

Zhimin

Zhimin

Oct 16, 2015, 7:32:58 AM10/16/15
to TestWise
This has been answered in this blog article years ago.

Long story short, TestWise does not have virus, it uses standard Ruby Windows Installer. To let user easier to start TestWise, we used "Bat to Exe Converter", a few anti-virus programs does not like it.

Here is the Virus Total analyse report of latest TestWise-4.4.1-setup.exe : Fine for 51 out of 56 anti-virus programs

If you still have a little concern, you may install it and remove TestWise.exe (after install) and use testwise-console.bat to start TestWise

C:\agileway\TestWise>type testwise-console.bat
vendor\ruby\bin\ruby -e "TESTWISE_ENV=true; load 'lib\testwise\app.rb'"

Which you can see, it is just a standard execution of a Ruby program.