TestWise-Community-4 Download

Eric Thomson

Jun 7, 2015, 10:52:48 AM6/7/15
to test...@googlegroups.com
Trying to install the community version 4 in order to complete the tutorial offered in the book "Fly Through Web Automation Testing" using the link in the book but keep getting errors.

Eric Thomson

Jun 7, 2015, 11:06:04 AM6/7/15
to test...@googlegroups.com
Actually the first time I tried to download it, Avast alerted me that it blocked a virus, then when I tried to run it, Windows said it was corrupt. So I deleted it and tried again (with different browsers) and that is when I started getting server message about no data. So maybe I need to disable Avast first. Has anyone else got this link to work recently?

Zhimin

Jun 7, 2015, 5:50:02 PM6/7/15
to test...@googlegroups.com, eric...@gmail.com

The link works, as you said, it might be due to the virus alarm (false one, see below) from Avast.

TestWise installer used "bat to exe", very few virus scanner had issues with it. More details, see this  http://testwisely.com/blog/posts/false-positive-virus-alert-on-testwise-exe

Eric Thomson

Jun 8, 2015, 12:46:53 AM6/8/15
to test...@googlegroups.com
Several hours later I was able to download and install TestWise-Community-4.1.1, which is good enough.

Eric Thomson

Jun 8, 2015, 12:49:06 AM6/8/15
to test...@googlegroups.com, eric...@gmail.com
Thanks, I was able to download 4.1.1  Next time I will try disabling Avast first.