Insert Break point in spec

Eric Thomson

May 22, 2015, 2:45:25 PM5/22/15
to test...@googlegroups.com

When executing a spec (test script) if it encounters an error, the program halts, displays the error in the Execution Panel, and flags the line where the error was encountered (the next line after the last executed). How can I insert this Break point into a test I am debugging so that it wont continue execution beyond that point?

Zhimin

May 22, 2015, 10:36:38 PM5/22/15
to test...@googlegroups.com, eric...@gmail.com
In TestWise Pro, you can run to a certain line (right click a test statement and select "Run to this line", the execution will stop there.  Debugging is a programmer's concept, while it applies to Ui testing, its use is simpler.  This is covered in Selenium WebDriver Recipes book (chapter 14 recipe - Pause/Stop test execution at certain step).

On Saturday, 23 May 2015 04:45:25 UTC+10, Eric Thomson wrote:

When executing a spec (test script) if it encounters an error, the program halts, displays the error in the Execution Panel, and flags the line where the error was encountered (the next line after the last executed). How can I insert this Break point into a test I am debugging so that it wont continue execution beyond that point?

Screen Shot 2015-05-23 at 12.33.07 pm.png