What Phones & Android Operating Systems Are Known To Work

r01carlsonr

Feb 23, 2010, 12:55:08 PM2/23/10
to TestTube
I'm getting lots of questions about what phones are known to support
TestTube. To clear this up reply to this post, if you've got yours
working with the following information. Use my Post as the example.

Phone: Motorola Droid
Android OS: 2.0.1
Provider: Verizion
Hava Model: Hava Titanium HD Wifi
TV Provider: AT&T U-Verse
Notes: Works On Both 3G and Wifi

Chris Richardson

Feb 23, 2010, 1:03:16 PM2/23/10
to testtub...@googlegroups.com
Phone: Motorola Droid
Android OS: 2.0.1
Provider: Verizion
Hava Model: Hava Titanium HD
TV Provider: AT&T U-Verse
Notes: Works On Both 3G and Wifi

drowe

Feb 23, 2010, 1:29:43 PM2/23/10
to TestTube
Phone: Motorola Droid
Android OS: 2.0.1
Provider: Verizion
Hava Model: Hava Platinum HD
TV Provider: TimeWarner Cable

On Feb 23, 1:03 pm, Chris Richardson <cric...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Phone: Motorola Droid
> Android OS: 2.0.1
> Provider: Verizion
> Hava Model: Hava Titanium HD
> TV Provider: AT&T U-Verse
> Notes: Works On Both 3G and Wifi

Guags

Feb 23, 2010, 1:55:11 PM2/23/10
to TestTube
Phone: Nexus One
Android OS: 2.1.1 Cyanogen 5.0.2
Provider: T-Mobile

Hava Model: Hava Platinum HD
TV Provider: DirectTV
ISP: Comcast
Notes: Works on 3G Good video Quality

rjfrandle

Feb 23, 2010, 11:09:53 PM2/23/10
to TestTube
Phone: HTC Droid Eris
Android OS: 1.5
Provider: Verizon

Hava Model: Hava Platinum HD
TV Provider: Dish Network
ISP: Local Telephone Co.
Notes: Works on WiFi and 3G -- Fair video quality

Pritch

Feb 24, 2010, 5:49:08 AM2/24/10
to TestTube
Phone: HTC Hero
Andrfoid OS: 1.5
Provider: Sprint

Hava Model: Hava Platinum HD
TV Provider: Dish Network
ISP: Knology
Notes: Works on WiFi, via internal and external IP, does not work on
3G
On screen menus are scrambled, ie, they don't look like thet are
supposed to.

r01carlsonr

Mar 22, 2010, 9:45:03 PM3/22/10
to TestTube
We're looking for people with Android 2.1 that have had success using
TestTube. If this is you please reply so we can establish a history
of 2.1 devices and carriers that are compatible.

Gavin

Mar 23, 2010, 2:54:33 AM3/23/10
to TestTube
Phone: Motorola Milestone (Europes Crippled Droid)
Android OS: 2.1
Provider: Three UK
Hava Model: Hava Gold
TV Provider: Virgin

Notes: Works On Both 3G and Wif

2.1 runs fine.

John S.

Mar 30, 2010, 11:10:31 PM3/30/10
to TestTube
Works great!

Phone: T-Moble HTC G1
Android OS: 1.6 running Cyanogen Mod 4.2.15.1 (root)

Provider: T-Mobile
Hava Model: Hava Platinum HD

TV Provider: Verizon Fios Motorola DTC2500

calebu2

Apr 7, 2010, 8:14:27 AM4/7/10
to TestTube
Phone: Samsung Moment
Android OS: 1.5
Provider: Sprint

Hava Model: Hava Titanium HD Wifi
TV Provider: DirecTV/Comcast Xfinity
Notes: Works locally on Wifi. Does not work on 3G. Not tested on
remote wifi.

Jim95608

Apr 19, 2010, 10:19:43 PM4/19/10
to TestTube
I have HAVA Platinum on DirecTV and a Motorola Droid running 2.1.
Comcast ISP
Works on local WiFi and can change channels cannot get it to work on
3G or any outside WiFi
VERY Frustrating to say the least. Also my router is a D-Link DIR 655.
Has anyone out there been able to have success with this router?
I have put the HAVA in the DMZ did all the port forwards listed etc.
and I get the immediate "Cannot Play Video" message. I could use some
help and encouragement.

Jonathan

Apr 20, 2010, 1:55:08 AM4/20/10
to TestTube
> ... cannot get it to work on 3G or any outside WiFi
> I have put the HAVA in the DMZ did all the port forwards listed etc.
> and I get the immediate "Cannot Play Video" message. I could use some
> help and encouragement.

You have to set up DDNS or have a static IP address. Have you done
that? Otherwise there's no way for Testtube to find your network.

When you get the immediate "cannot play" it's because Testtube can't
get a working IP address. If you have a 30-60 second delay, then
Testtube got a potentially OK address but didn't get an appropriate
answer from a Hava box.

Testtube talks directly to your hardware, so you have to give it a
means of finding your hardware. When you use the Monsoon Hava client,
it talks to the Monsoon servers; your Hava box also checks in
continually with the Hava servers and in that way they do their own
DDNS.

Your DI-655 has built-in support for DDNS using dyndns.org and other
providers - see page 55 in the manual.

Jim95608

Apr 20, 2010, 12:23:06 PM4/20/10
to TestTube
Success at last! Jonathan, I had set up a ddns using the free ddns
service with my D-Link router but with no luck. I finally found 2
settings in Test Tube I had to make. In the Advance Settings area, I
had to put the same ddns address as on the first settings page (I had
the local IP address in there) and also under advanced select "use the
local IP address". Once I did both of those, presto! It works. Now if
we can get the remote to show up below the picture instead of over the
top of it that would be great. I have my HAVA connected to my DirecTV
DVR and with some fiddling around back and forth can actually play
back recorded programs but it's difficult to see the menu with the
remote covering the screen. Thanks to everyone on all of these forums
for the good input. It's great to have it working even though I have
hours (literally) into getting it to work. Jim

calebu2

May 17, 2010, 7:04:15 AM5/17/10
to TestTube
Just upgraded to 2.1 (official release).

App works on samsung moment via wifi (using both internal and external
ip). External requires hava to be put in dmz.

Does not work over sprint 3g (I have in the past successfully used my
hava with a sprint aircard and laptop). Clearly monsoon have some
secret sauce they aren't sharing.

Steve

mysterr

Jun 14, 2010, 4:05:10 AM6/14/10
to TestTube
Thanks for all your efforts on this software! Got everything working
ok on TT v. 2.2, but then I upgraded to 2.3, which is not working
yet. Is there any way for me to downgrade back to 2.2?

Phone: HTC Evo
Android OS: 2.1-update1
Provider: Sprint
Hava Model: Hava Platinum HD
TV Provider: DirecTV
Notes: TestTube v. 2.2 works on both 3G and Wifi; TestTuvbe v. 2.3 is
not working properly

Jacob Petrie

Jun 14, 2010, 7:51:31 AM6/14/10
to testtub...@googlegroups.com

You had no audio lag on 2.2 Eco?

mysterr

Jun 14, 2010, 11:17:18 AM6/14/10
to TestTube
Oh, it definitely had audio lag, but it worked consistently, stayed
connected, and I was able to operate the remote. In my view, that's a
success. Now if I could just get a copy of 2.2 to downgrade, I would
be a happy camper.

On Jun 14, 7:51 am, Jacob Petrie <shadowgeis...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You had no audio lag on 2.2 Eco?

ricker

Jun 28, 2010, 3:02:05 AM6/28/10
to TestTube
I have 2.3b running Sprint EVO 4g and it works great I have not
manually setup the remote yet but looking to do that soon.

Rick

heredavid

Jun 30, 2010, 11:45:54 PM6/30/10
to TestTube
I just found about this and it is not on the market...does anyone know
how to get it? Using my Android to connect to my N800, knid of work
around,,,would be nice to directly see it on mu Android...tx's...

Eceneo

Mar 30, 2011, 3:53:08 PM3/30/11
to testtub...@googlegroups.com

Phone: SonyEricsson Xperia X10
Android OS: 2.1-update1
Provider: Rogers
Hava Model: Hava Platinum
TV Provider: Videotron
Notes: Works On Both 3G and Wifi but there is a delay between image and sound. Also using Vulkano mobile and it also works (image and sound is synched but not all buttons avail to control device)