remote commands not working all the time. 3g droid x

Nathaniel Newman

Mar 14, 2011, 8:47:49 PM3/14/11
to TestTube
I noticed that only 15% of my remote commands in TestTube over 3G are
processed. I tried the offical Vulkano app that (thanks to Monsoon)
only works in WiFi on Android. It processes all command and doesn't
miss any. Test Tube misses alot. Im lucky if 1 in 10 tries goes
through. Any ideas on fixes or if this will be fixed? Great, Great
app. Well worth $2.49!

r01carlsonr

Mar 15, 2011, 1:05:16 PM3/15/11
to TestTube
Yeah, I know it's a bummer. There's nothing we can do about it.

Here's why:

TestTube is injecting unsolicited packets into your network which
trick your hava into thinking that your computer is controlling it.
Usually, your computer (or official Hava app) would recieve some kind
of aknowledgement back from the Hava saying yep I got the command. If
it didn't it would resend it. Since we're injectign these unsolicited
packets into your network TestTube won't recieve an aknowlegement, so
it has no way of knowing whether the command got lost or corrupted in
your wireless providers network or not. That's why it only works some
of the time. You'll notice that if you connect via Wifi to your
network and use TestTube it will work nearly 100% of the time. The
difference is that the chance of getting lost/corrupted within your
network is very small copared to your wireless phone providers 3G
network.

Sorry, we don't have a good fix, but hopefully that explains a little
bit of what your seeing. One thing that really helped me was to
configure the Channel # remote. It will transmit the entire number ex
#1602 in one packet instead of multiple packets if you pushed the
buttons individually on the remote. If the packet is recieved you
will get the right channel number instead of having a number disappear
in cyberspace.

Hope this helps.

On Mar 14, 7:47 pm, Nathaniel Newman <nathanielnewmanmu...@gmail.com>

Nathaniel Newman

Mar 20, 2011, 4:25:49 PM3/20/11
to TestTube
Thanks! I will add that "double-pressing" the buttons will also work
well. Meaning 2 quick presses will register as 1. Usually.