More of a IntelliJ + TestNG run configuration question

Sambhav Dave

May 10, 2024, 12:41:31 PMMay 10
to testng-users
Hi Folks,

So I need to pass on this run configuration template to my teammates so that they don't have to do Edit Run Configurations in IntelliJ every time for running any particular test in their local project.

This is what I have set (refer to ss1 below attached please):

ss1:
ss1.png

Now, I am storing this setting as a project file (refer to ss2 below attached please):

ss2:
ss2.png

Sorry in advance, I had to scramble sensitive project terms, names, etc.

My questions:
a) If I commit this .run folder and let others run any test in their local machine, will it be automatically applied to their test run configuration?
b) If the above works, is this a best practice or is there a more elegant way to achieve this?

Hope my question makes sense.

Best,
Sambhav

Krishnan Mahadevan

May 10, 2024, 11:47:17 PMMay 10
to testng...@googlegroups.com
Sambhav,

You might want to post this question on an IntelliJ related forum so that you can get a more apt and precise response.

A quick search yielded this: https://intellij-support.jetbrains.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360000142684-Share-Run-Configuration-with-code

Thanks & Regards
Krishnan Mahadevan

My Technical Scribblings @ https://rationaleemotions.com/

[...]