Question about maven/testNG project folder structure

MCD dotCom

Feb 22, 2022, 11:33:23 AM2/22/22
to testng-users
Hello,

I have a maven/TestNG project. I have the following 3 files.

TestListeners.java - Listens the TestNG tests and invoke methods accordingly.
ExcelReport.xls - Generates automated custom excel report
ExtentLogManager.java - Generates extent log in html format.

I am not sure exactly where to store these files within the project. Can you make some recommendations where  to store these files?

Thank you!projStructure1.png

Baubak

Feb 22, 2022, 12:05:58 PM2/22/22
to testng-users
Hi,

It really depends on what your end use is. Is it an application and you have created helpers to test your applicaion (also the logger)? In that case, in my opinion they are good where they are.

If you just have a simple project, which will not be shared by others then it doesn't matter, in that case I would store it under source.

MCD dotCom

Feb 22, 2022, 12:39:50 PM2/22/22
to testng-users
"If you just have a simple project, which will not be shared by others then it doesn't matter, in that case I would store it under source." Under which source?

Baubak

Feb 22, 2022, 1:10:33 PM2/22/22
to testng-users
orry. I meant src/main/java