Update of JCommander

Antoine DESSAIGNE

May 6, 2024, 2:16:35 PMMay 6
to testng-users
Hello everyone,

JCommander changed its groupId to org.jcommander when releasing the 1.83 last August. Would it be possible to update TestNG to this version of JCommander? Only the groupId changed, the classes kept their com.beust.jcommander package.

I would have submitted a pull request but I don't know what's the TestNG policy for such change. Can it be done in 7.x ? Should it be a 8.x ?

Thank you for your help,

Have a nice day,

Antoine

Krishnan Mahadevan

May 6, 2024, 11:33:07 PMMay 6
to testng...@googlegroups.com
Antoine,

You can very well submit a PR for this change. The changes will be released as part of the next upcoming version of TestNG (v7.11.0)

In the meantime, you should be able to explicitly add a dependency on JCommander in your project and still work with the latest version.

Thanks & Regards
Krishnan Mahadevan

My Technical Scribblings @ https://rationaleemotions.com/