index.html report shows testng.xml file, which not what I put in place and I can't figure out where it came from !!

Prasad Nutalapati

Mar 5, 2024, 1:47:25 AMMar 5
to testng-users
  • I am using BrowserStack for a Java Selenium eCommerce website test automation project which is using TestNG.
  • The xml file with TestNG configuration looks like this ...
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE suite SYSTEM "http://testng.org/testng-1.0.dtd">
    <suite name="zCommerce_New_Suite">
    <test name="AndroidTestingWithBrowserStack">
    <classes>
      <class name="com.zq.mobile.browser.test.AndroidValidateDeliveryBSVenkata" />
    </classes>
    </test>
    </suite>

  • When I run the "maven test", it kind of runs the code two times each way. I get each System.out.println two times.
  • The tests pass with 'Build success'. When I load the index.html report in the browser and the path to the testng config file is correctly given which is where I placed it, but the display of it's content(against the actual contents given above) as below which quite different, and I don't know where the magic is happening and what is causing this magic
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE suite SYSTEM "https://testng.org/testng-1.0.dtd"> <suite thread-count="2" parallel="tests" name="zCommerce_New_Suite" guice-stage="DEVELOPMENT" verbose="0"> <test thread-count="2" name="AndroidTestingWithBrowserStack-0" verbose="0"> <parameter name="platform" value="0"/> <classes> <class name="com.zq.mobile.browser.test.AndroidValidateDeliveryBSVenkata"/> </classes> </test> <!-- AndroidTestingWithBrowserStack-0 --> <test thread-count="2" name="AndroidTestingWithBrowserStack-1" verbose="0"> <parameter name="platform" value="1"/> <classes> <class name="com.zq.mobile.browser.test.AndroidValidateDeliveryBSVenkata"/> </classes> </test> <!-- AndroidTestingWithBrowserStack-1 --> </suite> <!-- zCommerce_New_Suite -->
  • By any means, I could not figure out why this transformation is happening and how ?
Will some one in the know, through some light on this magical transformation and modification of the testng.xml file ??

Krishnan Mahadevan

Mar 5, 2024, 9:21:57 AMMar 5
to testng...@googlegroups.com
Prasad,

Can you please help share a simple sample standalone project (Without a dependency on anything else apart from TestNG) that can be used to reproduce the problem?

That will give us a bit more context.

Thanks & Regards
Krishnan Mahadevan

My Technical Scribblings @ https://rationaleemotions.com/