Need guidance On How to Start Contributing to TestNG?

Innovative Solutions

Nov 20, 2021, 9:27:13 PM11/20/21
to testng-users
Hello Everyone,
This is Sakthivel. working as Test Engineer, having 3.6 years in Automation both Web and Mobile. In most of the projects, I used TestNG for Execution and Reporting.

But I was wondering how TestNG works? and Who and How someone created it?

To find answers to the above questions, I think I should contribute to it in terms of adding new features / fixing issues. so that I can get a better understanding, also may get a better community to work with.

Steps I did so far:

1. I Forked TestNG repository
2. successfully imported into Intellij
3. I run ./gradlew test (PFA)
4. not sure what to do next...

Need guidance On How to Start Contributing to TestNG?
For a newbie, What is the RoadMap like are they any Prerequisites?

Here Sharing my LinkedIn profile, Hope I will get a better community.

Screenshot 2021-11-20 at 8.29.16 PM.png

Thanks & Regards
Sakthivel Iyappan