Can't run TestNG suite in Eclipse plugin

Vincent Kessels

Apr 15, 2011, 4:35:21 AM4/15/11
to testng-users
Hi All,

I have just upgraded to Eclipse Helios, but now my TestNG suite with
around 1000 tests does not run.
When I try to run the suite in Eclipse it runs a couple of dozen tests
and then freezes. The tests that it does run do not show in the plugin
window. I can run individual test classes and these tests show in the
plugin window.

This is the simple test suite that I am using:

<!DOCTYPE suite SYSTEM "http://testng.org/testng-1.0.dtd">
<suite name="My test suite">
<test name="My test suite" junit="false">
<groups>
<run>
<include name="no_dependencies"/>
<include name="inmemory"/>
</run>
</groups>
<packages>
<package name="com.package.a.*"/>
<package name="com.package.b.*"/>
</packages>
</test>
</suite>

I have the latest plugin (6.0.1). I also used VisualVM to monitor the
heap size and it uses only a fraction of the memory.

Any help is appreciated.

- Vincent

Cédric Beust ♔

Apr 15, 2011, 12:19:22 PM4/15/11
to testng...@googlegroups.com, Vincent Kessels
Hi Vincent,

I'm trying to track this down, can you double check you are using the very latest plug-in (I pushed a new one yesterday)?

Thanks.

--
Cédric

Cédric

Vincent Kessels

Apr 15, 2011, 12:31:48 PM4/15/11
to testng-users
Hi Cédric,

I am using version 6.0.1.20110414_1120

- Vincent

On Apr 15, 6:19 pm, Cédric Beust ♔ <ced...@beust.com> wrote:
> Hi Vincent,
>
> I'm trying to track this down, can you double check you are using the very
> latest plug-in (I pushed a new one yesterday)?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Cédric

Ed

Apr 15, 2011, 1:52:04 PM4/15/11
to testng-users
Hi,
Today I also upgraded to the latest eclipse version and also testng
upgrade from 5.14 to 6.0.1 (same build as Vincent).
I upgraded eclipse through MyEclipse (version 9)
I think that I am experiencing the same behavior as Vincent.

It seems a bit random as some simple single test sometimes pass, but
most of the time, test simple don't continue.
I have some testNG eclipse configurations that use testNG.xml files
and also these, stop some where in the middle. Sometimes after 4
tests, and sometimes after XX tests... :(
With stop I mean that it hangs as the test isn't finished, neither the
vm running it. I have to stop the test in the eclipse console.

I noticed that also the testng eclipse plugin report isn't correct.
When it's running the "All test" tab shows a three with 5 tests and
the report above the tab indicates "Passed:109" just like the green
bar: Test 1/2 Methods: 109.
Or the eclipse plugin view shows that 17 tests are passed, but doesn't
show any methods in the "all tests" tab when it hangs.

I thought it might be because the tests doesn't have enough ram
memory, but I do assign 756 of ram through vm arguments.
The tests do run fine through maven with the same testNG.xml files.

If you need more info, let me know.

- Ed

Ed

Apr 16, 2011, 4:56:07 AM4/16/11
to testng-users
In the mean time I have downgraded the testng eclipse plugin to
version 5.14 so I can continue testing/developing.
This work fine in Eclipse Helios, even do my projects use testng 6.0.1
as dependency.

- Ed

Ed

Apr 18, 2011, 4:44:17 AM4/18/11
to testng-users
Seems to work fine.
Thanks.
BTW: I also updated MyEclipse yesterday with a tinny update that came
by. I don't think it has something to do with it, but you never know.

- Ed

Kangs

Jun 5, 2011, 7:52:25 PM6/5/11
to testng-users
I have y'day (June 4th) upgraded to the latest Eclipse TestNG Plugin,
my TestNG test suite stopped working..
It is not able to connect to Selenium Server. I'm not seeing even a
single log in Selenium Server. Any fix?
Any help would be appreciated.

Cédric Beust ♔

Jun 5, 2011, 9:32:49 PM6/5/11
to testng...@googlegroups.com
It's unlikely to come from the Eclipse plug-in, but you can revert to an older one if you want.

What happens if you run your test suite from the shell?

--
Cédric