Changes in Exceptions thrown in IAnnotationTransformer from 6.14.3 to 7.4

Baubak

Jun 7, 2021, 12:13:19 PM6/7/21
to testng-users

Hi,

I am trying to migrate from 6.14.3 to 7.4.

One of the differences I am seeing is that I used to throw an exception in IAnnotationTransformer, that would interrupt the tests. This seems to have changed.

The exceptions I would throwing 6.14.3 would interrupt the suite. However in 7.4 it does not seem to interrupt the tests.

What I am trying to do is to analyze my tests in IAnnotationTransformer, and throw an overrall exception if there are some unwanted configs.

Basically when I ran my test under certain circumstances my ITestAnnotationListener would throw an exception. My unit test for the listener would check that running suite would generate this exception:

assertThrows(NestedTestClassForbiddenException.class, () -> myTestNG.run());

In 6.14.3 the exception in the Listener would fail the suite. But it seems that the failure is not specific to my test causing it.

My question is : How can I fail the suite in 7.4?

Best regards,

Baubak