TestNG 7.10.0 released!!!

Krishnan Mahadevan

Apr 7, 2024, 1:01:28 PMApr 7
to testng...@googlegroups.com

Hello everyone,

On behalf of the TestNG Dev team,I am pleased to announce the availability of TestNG 7.10.0 org.testng:testng:7.10.0

TestNG 7.10.0 is now available in Maven Central.

Special thanks to Julien Herr for helping out with all the code reviews.

In this release, we spent time squashing some bugs (Please see below for a full list of issues that were fixed).

  • GITHUB-3000: Method predecessors lookup and/or method sorting is broken in certain inheritance and naming setups
  • GITHUB-3095: Super class annotated with ITestNGListenerFactory makes derived test class throw TestNGException on execution
  • GITHUB-3081: Discrepancy with combination of (Shared Thread pool and Method Interceptor)
  • GITHUB-2381: Controlling the inclusion of the listener at runtime
  • GITHUB-3082: IInvokedMethodListener Iinvoked method does not return correct instance during @BeforeMethod, @AfterMethod and @AfterClass
  • GITHUB-3084: Document project’s PGP artifact signing keys
  • GITHUB-3079: Associate a unique id with every test class object instantiated by TestNG
  • GITHUB-3040: replace the usages of synchronized with ReentrantLock
  • GITHUB-3041: TestNG 7.x DataProvider works in opposite to TestNG 6.x when retrying tests.
  • GITHUB-3066: How to dynamically adjust the number of TestNG threads after IExecutorFactory is deprecated?
  • GITHUB-2874: Allow users to define ordering for TestNG listeners
  • GITHUB-3033: Moved ant support under own repository https://github.com/testng-team/testng-ant
  • GITHUB-3064: TestResult lost if failure creating RetryAnalyzer
  • GITHUB-3048: ConcurrentModificationException when injecting values
  • GITHUB-3050: Race condition when creating Guice Modules
  • GITHUB-3059: Support the ability to inject custom listener factory
  • GITHUB-3045: IDataProviderListener - beforeDataProviderExecution and afterDataProviderExecution are called twice in special setup
  • GITHUB-3038: java.lang.IllegalStateException:](https://github.com/testng-team/testng/issues/) Results per method should NOT have been empty
  • GITHUB-3022: Remove deprecated JUnit related support in TestNG

We have also made the following two important changes to TestNG in this release.

JUnit support stands removed.

TestNG v7.9.0 had deprecated support for JUnit.

In this release we are removing support for using TestNG to run your JUnit3 and JUnit4 based tests.

The alternative is to start using the testng-engine library built by the JUnit team. Using this library, you can run both JUnit and TestNG tests. Please refer to the official documentation for more details around it.

Seperated support for Ant build tool.

In this release, we have relocated support for running TestNG tests via Ant build tool and housed it under a separate repository.

Repository URL: https://github.com/testng-team/testng-ant

So now when you upgrade to TestNG v7.10.0 you will no longer have ant related libraries downloaded to your classpath.

Thanks & Regards
Krishnan Mahadevan

My Technical Scribblings @ https://rationaleemotions.com/