Serialization Protocol option usage

Jmeter Tea

Sep 22, 2019, 10:46:05 AM9/22/19
to testng-dev
In Eclipse on Run Configuration of TestNG test I have Serialization Protocol option

Serialization Protocol: the serialization protocol used for communicating between TestNG Eclipse Plugin and TestNG runtime.

Json Serialization: This protocol was introduced in the TestNG Eclipse plug-in 6.9.11 to better communicate with a different JRE running TestNG.

Object Serialization: This protocol packs the message data with Java serialization.

String Serialization: Deprecated.

When should I change to Object Serialization? is it internal TestNG engine option?