TestNG stacktrace

Eran

Jun 19, 2006, 11:05:10 AM6/19/06
to testn...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is it possible to add an option (either as a flag or in testng.xml) that will direct TestNG to strip out the TestNG related stuff from the stacktrace?
Our reports are getting a little too crowded and for people who don't care much about TestNG internals, it's just a redundant info.

What do you think?

Regards,
Eran

Alexandru Popescu

Jun 19, 2006, 11:27:11 AM6/19/06
to testn...@googlegroups.com
Eran if you are using the Eclipse plugin I think this is already
supported by default.

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.

Eran

Jun 19, 2006, 11:32:26 AM6/19/06
to testn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alexandru,

I'm using IntelliJ but I was actually referring the html reports (we usually invoke TestNG with Ant).

Regards,
Eran

Alexandru Popescu

Jun 19, 2006, 11:35:40 AM6/19/06
to testn...@googlegroups.com
I think this is doable too, so I will wait for other opinions before
cutting out the TestNG related stack frames.

Eran

Jun 19, 2006, 11:50:59 AM6/19/06
to testn...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. I think it would be best to leave the default behaviour as it is today and just add an option to strip out the TestNG info.

Hani Suleiman

Jun 19, 2006, 12:27:10 PM6/19/06
to testn...@googlegroups.com
The IDEA plugin already does that ;)

Good idea though to extend it to the core reports!

Alexandru Popescu

Jun 19, 2006, 1:06:34 PM6/19/06
to testn...@googlegroups.com
What I am wondering is if we shouldn't just cut it out (instead of
using another parameter for doing it). What's your call?

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.

Hani Suleiman

Jun 19, 2006, 3:03:53 PM6/19/06
to testn...@googlegroups.com
Yeah good idea to cut it out from the source, with a flag to enable
it (which you'd only want to do if you're one of the handful of
people who care about tng internals!)

Cédric Beust ♔

Jun 19, 2006, 3:10:19 PM6/19/06
to testn...@googlegroups.com
Agreed.  Let's cut them out by default but provide a flag to restore them, just in case.

--
Cedric