TestNG 7.0.0 Beta 4 is bad

Eric

Apr 5, 2019, 2:11:01 PM4/5/19
to testng-dev
Not sure if this is the right place to report this, or if you are already aware, but the beta 4 jar file appears to be bad.
It is missing a lot of classes (ITest,Before/After annotations and so on).  The odd thing is the sources jar appears to be correct.

Cédric Beust ♔

Apr 5, 2019, 2:11:41 PM4/5/19
to testn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,

Yes, this is the right place :-)

We are aware, I just deployed a beta5 (JCenter only for now).

--
Cédric

On Fri, Apr 5, 2019 at 11:11 AM Eric <pilotg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Not sure if this is the right place to report this, or if you are already aware, but the beta 4 jar file appears to be bad.
It is missing a lot of classes (ITest,Before/After annotations and so on).  The odd thing is the sources jar appears to be correct.

Joe Barnett

Apr 5, 2019, 5:19:21 PM4/5/19
to testng-dev
Thanks Cédric,

It looks like the jcenter beta5 release includes the guice dependency as compile scope instead of provided, is this an intended change or another mistake in the release/build process?

Thanks,
-Joe

On Fri, Apr 5, 2019 at 11:11 AM Eric <pilot...@gmail.com> wrote:
Not sure if this is the right place to report this, or if you are already aware, but the beta 4 jar file appears to be bad.
It is missing a lot of classes (ITest,Before/After annotations and so on).  The odd thing is the sources jar appears to be correct.

Cédric Beust ♔

Apr 5, 2019, 5:28:00 PM4/5/19
to testn...@googlegroups.com

So weird. Not only is the build.gradle correct:

    provided 'com.google.inject:guice:4.1.0:no_aop'

but if I ./gradlew install to my local Maven repo, the dependency is correct:

    <dependency>
      <groupId>com.google.inject</groupId>
      <artifactId>guice</artifactId>
      <version>4.1.0</version>
      <classifier>no_aop</classifier>
      <scope>provided</scope>
    </dependency>

However, you’re right than the one on JCenter is incorrect. I just deleted the beta5 and uploaded a new one.

I wish I could see the pom that Gradle actually uploads to Bintray but even after ./gradlew bintrayUpload, there is no .pom file to be found anywhere under build/

Gradle continues to be an absolute riddle to me.

--
Cédric

Eric

Apr 5, 2019, 5:57:13 PM4/5/19
to testng-dev
Is it not in the "build/poms" folder? I have a project using bintrayUpload and the pom-default.xml file is the file uploaded as the pom file, or at least it appears to be. It is also installed to my local maven directory when I do bintrayUpload.
Eric