XMLRPC extension proposal: releaseBuild

Thilo Fromm

Apr 30, 2013, 5:51:34 AM4/30/13
to testli...@googlegroups.com
Hello TestLink community,

I'm Thilo of ProfitBricks; we're using TestLink for internal test planning and coordination. First and foremost - thanks to all of you for your great work! (again :) can't stress this enough)

Since I'm pretty new to TestLink development I started this thread in order to get an overall orientation on how to approach my improvement request implementation-wise. I'm planning to create an issue in testlink.org's Mantis bug tracker before I do some actual coding; as soon as the details are clear enough to me to actually write a ticket, that is. If you already read the other thread then you might sense a slight feeling of deja vu by now.

We're currently in the process of automating most of our tests, and, in fact, most of our testing and deployment procedures. This includes auto-generating builds via the xmlrpc API, auto-reporting test case execution results, and so on. While driving automation to the maximum possible we ran into some restrictions concerning the xmlrpc API.

RATIONALE - releaseBuild

We noted that there is no possibility to automatically release, i.e. close, a build.

releaseBuild would take Test Project, Test Plan, Build name, and an optional Date (release date). The current server time is used when no release date was set.

I'll open this for discussion now. Any feedback, comments, improvements, remarks, and criticism is welcome.

Regards,
Thilo

Francisco Mancardi

Apr 30, 2013, 6:53:19 AM4/30/13
to testli...@googlegroups.com
Again Open Issue (Feature request) on Mantis

releaseBuild() => setBuildReleaseDate() <<< This is a better name

Thilo Fromm

Apr 30, 2013, 7:13:21 AM4/30/13
to testli...@googlegroups.com, francisco...@gruppotesi.com
Hello Francisco,

Again Open Issue (Feature request) on Mantis

releaseBuild() => setBuildReleaseDate() <<< This is a better name

I incorporated your name change recommendation into the issue tracker: http://mantis.testlink.org/view.php?id=5671

Regards,
Thilo