Compatibility with Python 2.7

quentin...@gmail.com

Mar 14, 2014, 10:52:37 AM3/14/14
to testerm...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I want to upgrade my python version from 2.6 to 2.7 because i need to use some modules which work with 2.7 only.
Do you test compatibility with python 2.7 ?
Because i tried to install python 2.7 at the side of python 2.6 but i had some problems.
Particularly with external python modules :
I can't use my modules from python shell but i can't use it into testerman for my ats.
Do you have a solution? Do i need to reinstall testerman from scratch with Python 2.7 ?
Best regards,
Quentin Desramé

Sébastien Lefèvre

Mar 16, 2014, 7:20:30 AM3/16/14
to testerm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Quentin,

All testerman components should work correctly with Python 2.7 too, there is no particular incompatibility to expect.
What kind of problems did you encounter ?

You may check in conf/testerman.conf, you have a variable called testerman.te.python.interpreter.
Make sure it is set to your Python 2.7 interpreter too; this is the python binary used to run the TE (Test Executables) which are generated by Testerman server from your ATS.

thanks,
-seb

Sebastien Lefevre
seb.l...@gmail.com

quentin...@gmail.com

Mar 20, 2014, 4:59:51 AM3/20/14
to testerm...@googlegroups.com
I already checked the testerman.conf file and i upgraded it with my new python interpreter path.
After that modification, i should execute my test cases with python 2.7. But i have some problems when i want to import python modules.
For install new python modules, i used the basic setup.py. When i open a python shell, i can use my imported module. But not in my ats.
For example, i installed a module called "gmail" (https://github.com/charlierguo/gmail). I can open a python shell (server side) and type "import gmail" with no error.
But, in my testerman client (I installed my gmail module in client side too), if i type "import gmail" and launch my ats, an error box appear and tell me that no module gmail was found.
But if i type "pytz" (a module imported in python 2.6 and not in python 2.7), i can launch the ats, but it return an error but and in traces, i have "No module pytz found".

Sébastien Lefèvre

Mar 20, 2014, 7:44:40 AM3/20/14
to testerm...@googlegroups.com

Ah, OK.

This has been fixed in a commit a couple of days ago (for another reason...). Please update your code base and restart the server, it should work now.

Thanks,
-seb