No log details available after ats runs (fresh install)

Rolf

Jan 4, 2012, 9:16:56 AM1/4/12
to Testerman Users Group
Hi,

I installed Testerman accordingly to [1] and deployed a local agen..
Now, QTesterman shows the repo, I can see it via the web interface and
evreything seems to run. Except that the tests don't get executed. At
least I don't believe they do. When executing the ats with QTesterman,
the little watch-running-jobs-or-logs-window appears but keeps empty.
When I close the window, I can't reopen it, the warning says "The log
file for the job hab been deleted". This is not surprising, as
Testerman's log also says:

Unable to complete getJobLog operation: [Errno 2] No such file or
directory: '/home/rolf/testerman/archives/mytest.ats/
20120104-150003-8672_rolf.log'

Indeed, no logs are created. There is a binary *.egg file in this
directory, though. I tested it with the sample ats and have the same
results. I feel that I missed out something somewhere Oo

Thanks for any help.
Rolf

[1] http://testerman.fr/testerman/wiki/TestermanQuickStart

Sebastien Lefevre

Jan 4, 2012, 10:01:28 AM1/4/12
to Testerman Users Group
Hi Rolf,

this is likely to be an execution error due to a missing python
interpreter.
You may check that the parameter conf/testerman.conf:
testerman.te.python.interpreter points to a valid python interpreter.
( = /usr/bin/python2.7 by default).

If this is not the problem, could you give me the testerman-server
output logs ?
(either run the server without daemonizing it with core/
TestermanServer.py, or set a log filename in testerman.conf)

thanks,
-seb

Rolf

Jan 6, 2012, 3:13:53 AM1/6/12
to Testerman Users Group
Hi Sebastian,

it was indeed the interpreter problem you suggested. I changed the
corresponding line in testerman.conf to /usr/bin/python which - in my
case - points to python.26.
I checked that file before but I didn't get suspicious, because I have
a /usr/lib/python2.7 dir (for what reason ever). Surprisingly, no
executable /usr/bin/python2.7 is there. Anyway, it works fine. Thanks!

Rolf