CHEATING IN COMPUTER SCIENCE

Adolfo Neto

Dec 23, 2010, 5:05:50 PM12/23/10
to test-firs...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I think this paper might be interesting for the people in this group.

CHEATING IN COMPUTER SCIENCE
WILLIAM HUGH MURRAY
http://ubiquity.acm.org/article.cfm?id=1865908

[]s
Adolfo

Adolfo Neto
Assistant Professor - Federal University of Technology, Paraná
Web: http://www.dainf.ct.utfpr.edu.br/~adolfo
Twitter: http://twitter.com/adolfont
Mestrado em Computação Aplicada: http://www.ppgca.ct.utfpr.edu.br

Alex Chaffee

Dec 23, 2010, 5:42:24 PM12/23/10
to test-first-teaching
It was interesting. I love any paper that cites Star Trek (albeit the
JJ Abrams reboot, not the original or Next Gen).

I especially enjoyed this:

"Without the authority of the teacher to grant credentials, the
classroom would degenerate into chaos," he said. I told him that as an
industrial management trainer, my students graded me, rather than the
other way around.