TFS and Visual Studio

kunwardeep

Oct 20, 2011, 7:32:56 PM10/20/11
to Test Analytics Discuss
First of all, brilliant idea. Massive test plans are such a waste of
time.

I know its a long shot but any plans to hook this up to TFS and Visual
Studio?

Also how do we associate tests with capabilities?
Is there functionality that we can run the same tests against
different iterations/builds?

Jim Reardon

Oct 21, 2011, 2:48:08 AM10/21/11
to test-analyt...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the compliment!

Test Analytics is agnostic to the type of data you import -- we have a generic representation of a bug, test case, et cetera that you can import from any external source.  I'm going to post some sample code and some docs on the API to do so.  I won't have a TFS or Visual Studio importer, but following along with the examples, it should be fairly trivial to create one.

Tests, once added, can be associated with capabilities via the Capability Details page or via creating a Filter.

Iteration / timeline support is not yet supported, but a known feature that's necessary to get full value (by letting you view your risk deltas over time).

- Jim

bhar...@gmail.com

May 30, 2012, 4:07:22 AM5/30/12
to test-analyt...@googlegroups.com
Hey there Jim.

Any updates on this?

Jim Reardon

Jun 5, 2012, 12:25:23 AM6/5/12
to test-analyt...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately, Test Analytics isn't currently being developed anymore internally at Google, so there haven't been any recent updates to share.

- Jim

gerald...@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2016, 1:23:26 PM3/21/16
to Test Analytics Discuss
Hi Jim, I understand that the tool is not under development anymore but is Import Data still functioning as designed? We do not have external means to connect to Issue Tracker.
Can we directly upload data into Issue Tracker? Kindly explain.
Thanks.