Roll-up and/or paint-on caption support

Leo Glassman

Jun 4, 2022, 2:59:50 AM6/4/22
to tesseract-ocr
Hello. I was wondering if Tesseract works with roll-up captions (like live TV style captions or the automatic captions on YouTube) or paint-on captions (which are similar to roll-up captions and sorta like karaoke-style in a way,) and if—ideally—it could also keep the scanned captions in roll-up or paint-on format.

If this is not currently a feature, I would love to see it in the future! I know it is a bit more complex than most things, and I wish I were a developer myself, but I figured I would suggest it!

Thank you so much to whoever reads this!