OCR only part of an scanned image

Alex Santos

Jan 1, 2021, 3:18:07 PM1/1/21
to tesseract-ocr
Hello

I have an image like the one attached. My goal is to be able to select only part of the scan for OCR. In my attachment, I marked up the areas in red that I do not want to be recognized by OCR.

Can this be achieved?

Thank you!
—Alex
Screen-Shot-2021-01-01-at-21.09.45.jpg

Zdenko Podobny

Jan 5, 2021, 2:19:03 PM1/5/21
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
Can you share original images, so people can "play"?

Zdenko

pi 1. 1. 2021 o 21:17 Alex Santos <santos...@gmail.com> napísal(a):

Alex Santos

Feb 22, 2021, 8:00:40 AM2/22/21
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
I can’t find the image now but any image with a region that you want to exclude from OCR would serve as a sandbox. I just don’t know how to exclude parts of an image from being detected by the OCR engine.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "tesseract-ocr" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tesseract-ocr/CAJbzG8xWNhUNwRwZ0rrvt19%2B8uOM6dMjLERNddYVksNihOWVfA%40mail.gmail.com.