Reading a type plate

Klaus Gollwitzer

Nov 13, 2023, 12:34:52 PM11/13/23
to tesseract-ocr
Dear,
I would like to read the data from window type plates this. Tesseract so far is unable to read anything meaningful from that picture below. I use the simple code:

import pytesseract
image_path = "tesseract_test_img/v22.jpg"
image_file = Image.open(image_path)
image_file = image_file.convert("L")
print(pytesseract.image_to_string(image_file))

Is something like this too hard for tesseract OCR?v20.jpg

Des Bw

Nov 14, 2023, 12:01:02 AM11/14/23
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
Yes, this is very hard because of the background color and other noises. Training it with similar images might help.
Des