I can't, for the love of god, get tesstrain working

Jacky

Oct 10, 2021, 2:08:38 AM10/10/21
to tesseract-ocr
After days of trying everything I could think of, I can't get a custom trained data for a specific font.

I'm doing a project where I'm reading a screenshot of a game, more specifically, a part with numbers.

I got Tesseract working with one part of the UI, where the font is standart, but there is a part where it has like an "old"-style serif font (which I have as a otf file).

I'm running Windows 10, so after trying (and failing) training data here, I went to a Ubuntu installation.

I tried cloning the Tesseract github, but after compiling it, I discovered that the tesstrain.sh isn't there. I git checkout to 4.1.1-rc2 and compiled it again, but then again, I cannot get it working.

Is there ANY EASY TO FOLLOW tutorial so I can get that specific font to work?

Thanks!

Zdenko Podobny

Oct 10, 2021, 2:20:50 AM10/10/21
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
The latest tesseract version stop to support shell training (tesstrain.sh) in favour of python script, that are in separate repository:

ne 10. 10. 2021 o 8:08 Jacky <jacque...@gmail.com> napísal(a):