Bad recognition with good input image

Austin Seymour

Nov 24, 2022, 1:00:09 AM11/24/22
to tesseract-ocr
Working on a program to pull data from a game. Have it polarized and cleaned but yet I still can't get a good read. It is low resolution but in a few tests scaling it up in photoshop did nothing.
poecapTest2.png
I've ran it though several online OCRs and they always seem to be able to get it perfectly.
This is what I get more or less.

Reserved 267
Mana 702{969
Rage 50{50
Life 981/2,181
Shield m
Ward 267

it seems fully incapable of seeing that 221 as anything I try ends up with random letters or nothing at all.  The brackets instead of slashes I could deal with but occasionally it will turn them into numbers or not see them at all which causes issues. The list of issues goes on and and, leading me to believe I'm just doing something wrong.

I know its possible to take this image and get a perfect read because websites that claim to use Tesseract can do it.

Zdenko Podobny

Nov 24, 2022, 2:57:17 PM11/24/22
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
please read and follow the docs:

You can easily get output like this:

Reserved 267
Mana 702/969

Rage 50/50
Life 981/2,181
Shield 221

Ward 267

Zdenko

št 24. 11. 2022 o 7:00 Austin Seymour <fridg...@gmail.com> napísal(a):

jannes hoekman

Dec 16, 2022, 4:07:57 AM12/16/22
to tesseract-ocr
We have a not free postprocessing software with 38 filters for a optimal OCR Its called BIQE = Batch Image Quality Enhancer which also works with Tesseract 4 OCR