How to configurate --oem and --psm in R's tesseract package

Rolf Kleylein

Nov 19, 2021, 12:43:47 PM11/19/21
to tesseract-ocr
Hello everyone,

I am looking for a way to set both --oem and --psm in R.

In the meantime I found out how to use tesseract in the command line and I also got some results in PyCharm respectively Python. However, I like the combination of the Magick package with tesseract in R, so I would like to use R for my project.

In this stackoverflow thread it is explained how to make these settings in Python, however I do not manage to reproduce this in R. The syntax in Python and R is quite similar. There is a 'lang' argument in both programming languages and a 'config' (Python) respectively 'configs' (R) argument.

I would greatly appreciate a small example that shows how the syntax to configurate oem and psm has to look like in R.

Many thanks in advance!

Kind regards

Rolf