Low accuracy on extracting text. Kindly help.

Anoop K Sreyas

Nov 3, 2021, 7:57:37 AM11/3/21
to tesseract-ocr
Hi Team,

Attaching a PNG image.

Tried extracting the text, but couldn't succeed.

Kindly help.

Regards,
Anoop K
MicrosoftTeams-image.png

Santhosh Kumar

Nov 3, 2021, 10:42:17 AM11/3/21
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
I need to deploy flask api which takes image as input and provides string as output.
Can you help me with this? I need to deploy into elastic beanstalk.

Zdenko Podobny

Nov 3, 2021, 11:54:12 AM11/3/21
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Your image is too complex for document layout analysis provided by tesseract. Tesseract is OCR engine e.g. focused on OCR, with limited layout analysis that usually works on input like books or simple text documents.

E.g. you need to use another tool for text areas detection, use tesseract to OCR just these areas and then reconstruct document structure with this information.

Zdenko

st 3. 11. 2021 o 12:57 Anoop K Sreyas <anoopk...@gmail.com> napísal(a):