Tesseract 4.0 baseapi.h modified for Interop

SimantoR

May 17, 2019, 6:53:51 AM5/17/19
to tesseract-dev
Greetings folks,

I'm currently in the process of creating a proper .NET wrapper compatible to work on both Linux and MacOS. I believe Charles Wald has a good project going for it. But with one care-taker, its falling behind. Also it currently only supports Windows OS. I am aware of __declspec(dllexport) as a method to mark for visibility on C++ end to be visible for dllexport. I wanted to get the current Tesseract 4.0 modified for building with that in mind.

But since I'm not a C++ programming, my knowledge of C++ interop abilities is close to none. As a community I wanted to see if it is worth building; a tesseract source ready for interop abilities to be marshalled into programs through wrappers.

Regards,
Simanto

farhad khalafi

May 17, 2019, 10:01:46 AM5/17/19
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
Simanto,

The public API for Tesseract already has the import/export decorations when built for Windows or CygWin.

#if defined(_WIN32) || defined(__CYGWIN__)
    #if defined(TESS_EXPORTS)
       #define TESS_API __declspec(dllexport)
    #elif defined(TESS_IMPORTS)
       #define TESS_API __declspec(dllimport)
    #else
       #define TESS_API
    #endif
    #define TESS_LOCAL
#else

Is there something else you need for your project?

Thanks,
Farhad