Planing data for stable version or release candidate

Andrew None

Jul 29, 2020, 7:19:36 AM7/29/20
to tesseract-dev
I want to use tesseract solution in my application but did not know what is better to use, stable 4.1.1 or 5.0.0 last by comments is better and faster but did not know anything about how it is stable. Do you have a rough estimate when the stable 5.0.0 version will be ready?

Stefan Weil

Aug 3, 2020, 1:53:51 AM8/3/20
to tesseract-dev
Git master ("5.0.0 last") is stable, so I suggest to try that instead of 4.1.1.

There is no schedule for 5.0.0. It as 5.x because it has incompatible API changes compared to 4.x. More API changes are needed to get rid of some proprietary data types. So if we released 5.0.0 now, we'd have to make 6.x next. I prefer to get more API changes in 5.0.0.