Heads up for tesseract 4.1.0 release

Zdenko Podobny

Feb 17, 2019, 3:09:26 PM2/17/19
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

we just started process to release tesseract version 4.1.0, which should be bug fix release mainly.
Because there were changes in ABI/API[1] we need to increase version number based on semantic versioning rules.

So if you have any update, bugfix that you would like to see in 4.1.0, please submit is ASAP as pull request or send me the patch.

Also please report any regression of current code to 4.0.0 version (in issue tracker with testing case).

It would be great if somebody can go through all open issues, re-test them (if possible) and point to those which should be fixed for 4.1.0 version.

Zdenko Podobny

Jun 17, 2019, 3:44:35 AM6/17/19
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Urgently needed is testing of build system on all platforms (especially input from Mac users is welcomed)

Zdenko

ne 17. 2. 2019 o 21:09 Zdenko Podobny <zde...@gmail.com> napísal(a):

Zdenko Podobny

Jul 1, 2019, 1:24:51 PM7/1/19
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
I wrote some short overview about version 4.1 to Changelog. Improvements are welcomed ;-)
Also there is need to update  https://github.com/tesseract-ocr/tesseract/wiki/ReleaseNotes  and https://github.com/tesseract-ocr/tesseract/wiki/4.0x-Changelog (I am not sure sure who did it/maintained it...)

Zdenko

po 17. 6. 2019 o 9:44 Zdenko Podobny <zde...@gmail.com> napísal(a):

Shree Devi Kumar

Jul 2, 2019, 4:09:49 AM7/2/19
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
to cover from Jan 2015 to Jul 2019. I deleted the earlier commit messages as the page was becoming too big to load.

FYI, the following command is used to create the log:

git log   --pretty=format:'* %ad [(%h)](http://github.com/tesseract-ocr/tesseract/commit/%H)  **%an**: %s' --date short | grep -v Merge | grep -v yml > changelog.md