Mapping key ranges to clusters

1 view

Rohit Manohar

Jun 10, 2011, 2:05:39 PM6/10/11
to terrastore-discussions
Hi

Is there way to store key-ranges on a specific cluster in an ensemble?
ex. I want all documents in range from stud0001 to stud0500 to be
stored on cluster2 in my ensemble.

The use case being that if I do a query for all records with a key
prefix stud0, I either get all of them or none. The latter being the
case if the cluster is down.

In case of the default partitioning scheme, it will return only those
that are available, but not report that some record exist, but are not
currently available due to cluster down.

Regards,
Rohit Manohar

Sergio Bossa

Jun 29, 2011, 12:16:06 PM6/29/11
to terrastore-...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 8:05 PM, Rohit Manohar <roh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there way to store key-ranges on a specific cluster in an ensemble?
> ex. I want all documents in range from stud0001 to stud0500 to be
> stored on cluster2 in my ensemble.

Yep, just implement the
terrastore.partition.CustomEnsemblePartitionerStrategy you can find
into terrastore-api jar, package it as a jar and deploy into your
terrastore installation libs.

--
Sergio Bossa
http://www.linkedin.com/in/sergiob