Terraform not deleting rds autoscaled aurora instances

cloud_runner

May 26, 2021, 1:18:21 PM5/26/21
to Terraform
I am trying to create a rds aurora global database with autoscaling enabled based on CPU threshold but when I try to destroy the autoscaled instances that are not deleted by terraform is this a bug? Is there a workaround or am I missing something?

I used this module https://github.com/umotif-public/terraform-aws-rds-aurora/blob/master/main.tf

line 391 create auto-scaling of aurora rds

But the autoscaled instance state is not maintained by terraform and deleting the autoscale resource didn't work

Error message: Error: error deleting RDS Cluster InvalidDBClusterStateFault: Cluster cannot be deleted, it still contains DB instances in non-deleting state. status code: 400, request id: b62f33ee-57d8-4887-9cad-3cbf6229b4ac

Error: Error deleting DB parameter group: InvalidDBParameterGroupState: One or more database instances are still members of this parameter group my-parameter-group, so the group cannot be deleted status code: 400, request id: 8a501e66-39e5-4365-ba33-7667894b9cf6

Alexandra Freeman

Jun 3, 2021, 10:56:43 AM6/3/21
to Terraform
Hello, thank you for your question!
On June 3, 2019 HashiCorp launched Discuss, a forum to facilitate dialogue within the HashiCorp community. This format allows answers to be more readily searched and indexed, making it easier to find answers to existing questions and to share knowledge with each other. Please direct all questions and conversations to the discussion forum. We look forward to collaborating with you there!

Cheers!