Error occurred in length of character

Nataraj Ramamoorthy

Jun 30, 2021, 8:04:24 AM6/30/21
to Terraform
Hi Team,

I am unable to assign the length of character to my eks cluster also attached screen shot for same.

locals {
  cluster_name = "${var.Prefix}-${var.dc}-${var.region}-${var.tenancyID}-${var.custname}-${var.env}-${var.resourceType}-${random_string.suffix.result}"
}

Please help me how to achieve the same.

Regards,
Nataraj.R

error-expected- length.PNG

Mayank Kumar

Jun 30, 2021, 8:16:13 AM6/30/21
to terrafo...@googlegroups.com
It’s not terraform, it’s a limit set from AWS I.e., shouldn’t be more than 32 characters for most of the resources.

You need to reduce length of your name tag.

Thanks

--
In the coming weeks, inbound messages to this group will be disabled, and it will be used for outbound announcements only. To prepare for this switch, please direct questions and conversations to our primary medium to communicate with practitioners: https://discuss.hashicorp.com/c/terraform-core/27. We look forward to collaborating with you there!

GitHub Issues: https://github.com/hashicorp/terraform/issues
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Terraform" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/terraform-tool/e9cf2a4d-d95c-43f1-8971-fcd1f9d97e4bn%40googlegroups.com.
--
Thanks And Regards,
Mayank Kumar Yadav

Alexandra Freeman

Jul 14, 2021, 7:22:10 PM7/14/21
to Terraform
Hello and thank you for your question and response!
On June 3, 2019 HashiCorp launched Discuss, a forum to facilitate dialogue within the HashiCorp community. This format allows answers to be more readily searched and indexed, making it easier to find answers to existing questions and to share knowledge with each other. Please direct all questions and conversations to the discussion forum. We look forward to collaborating with you there!

Cheers!