500 Internal Server Error while creating 3 NICs VM

Mohammad Altif

Mar 1, 2021, 12:06:12 PM3/1/21
to Terraform
Hello,

I'm running vSphere 7.0.1 and terraform version v0.14.7, and vsphere v1.24.3 for terraform.

When I provision VM with 1 Network Interface(NIC), VM is provisioned without any issue, however, when I attempt to provision VM with 3 Network Interface(3 NICs), I"m getting below errors.

Plan: 1 to add, 0 to change, 0 to destroy.

Do you want to perform these actions?
Terraform will perform the actions described above.
Only 'yes' will be accepted to approve.

Enter a value: yes

vsphere_virtual_machine.vm_3n_4c_32r["Jenkins-Testing"]: Creating...

Error: POST https://vcenter.zsdevel.net/rest/com/vmware/vcenter/ovf/library-item/id:7b9f78f1-2611-466f-9cf4-fa77b2a989d0?~action=deploy: 500 Internal Server Error

on resource.tf line 27, in resource "vsphere_virtual_machine" "vm_3n_4c_32r":

I've attached the resource.tf file for reference.

Can you please help me to resolve this issue what I'm missing here?

--
Regards,
Mohammad Altif

Chamila

Mar 10, 2021, 6:58:44 AM3/10/21
to terrafo...@googlegroups.com, Mohammad Altif
It looks like you need to checkout the error logs at the VSphere side of
things for more details. Terraform at the end of the day is a wrapper
for various APIs, and in this case an API call is failing. May be you
need to fix the VSphere Terraform provider to a specific version that
matches the VSphere API version?

Regards,
Chamila
https://chamilad.github.io/

On 2/03/2021 6:06 am, Mohammad Altif wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm running vSphere 7.0.1 and terraform version v0.14.7, and vsphere
> v1.24.3 for terraform.
>
> When I provision VM with 1 Network Interface(NIC), VM is provisioned
> without any issue, however, when I attempt to provision VM with 3
> Network Interface(3 NICs), I"m getting below errors.
>
> *Plan: 1 to add, 0 to change, 0 to destroy.
>
> Do you want to perform these actions?
> Terraform will perform the actions described above.
> Only 'yes' will be accepted to approve.
>
> Enter a value: yes
>
> vsphere_virtual_machine.vm_3n_4c_32r["Jenkins-Testing"]: Creating...
>
> Error: POST
> https://vcenter.zsdevel.net/rest/com/vmware/vcenter/ovf/library-item/id:7b9f78f1-2611-466f-9cf4-fa77b2a989d0?~action=deploy:
> 500 Internal Server Error
>
> on resource.tf line 27, in resource "vsphere_virtual_machine"
> "vm_3n_4c_32r":*
>
> I've attached the resource.tf file for reference.
>
> Can you please help me to resolve this issue what I'm missing here?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Mohammad Altif
>
> --
>
> GitHub Issues: https://github.com/hashicorp/terraform/issues
> <https://github.com/hashicorp/terraform/issues>
> IRC: #terraform-tool on Freenode
> ---
> Groups "Terraform" group.
> an email to terraform-too...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:terraform-too...@googlegroups.com>.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/terraform-tool/f50cf5c7-bc68-4bde-887d-a2ed06883d20n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/terraform-tool/f50cf5c7-bc68-4bde-887d-a2ed06883d20n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Manuel Nieves

Mar 10, 2021, 10:39:09 AM3/10/21
to terrafo...@googlegroups.com
Yes please

GitHub Issues: https://github.com/hashicorp/terraform/issues

IRC: #terraform-tool on Freenode
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Terraform" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/terraform-tool/f50cf5c7-bc68-4bde-887d-a2ed06883d20n%40googlegroups.com.