Migrating from EhCache 2.x to EhCache 3.x

Santhosh Thatipally

Jan 12, 2021, 8:24:23 AM1/12/21
to terracotta-oss
Hi All,

I'm currently using the Ehcache 2.10.x with RMI/JGroups replication in the application deployed to weblogic server.

Porting the application to kubernetes (the network is fabric is flannel which does not support Multicast group).  Planning to look for JGroups replication in kubernetes.

Could someone help me the following questions?

1. Is the support for Ehcache 2.x stopped and do I need to move to Ehcache 3.x?
2. Do the Ehcache 3.x supports the RMI/JGroups replication?
3. For replication with Ehcache 3.x is it mandator to use the Terracotta?
4. Is migration from 2.x to 3.x is simple?

Thanks,
Santhosh