Slow system with many threads reporting locked

eo...@boomi.com

Oct 19, 2017, 2:16:45 PM10/19/17
to terracotta-oss
  1. What version of Terracotta Server you are currently using; 4.3.2
  2. Paste the configuration you are using; Hibernate 3.6.9.Final
  3. Providing JDK and OS versions maybe useful as well. Ubuntu 16.04.2 JDK 1.6
28 threads in thread dump
   java.lang.Thread.State: WAITING (on object monitor)
        at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:503)
        at com.tc.object.RemoteServerMapManagerImpl.waitUntilRunningAbortable(RemoteServerMapManagerImpl.java:519)
        at com.tc.object.RemoteServerMapManagerImpl.getMappingForKey(RemoteServerMapManagerImpl.java:150)
        - locked <0x00000000c3f743b0> (a com.tc.object.RemoteServerMapManagerImpl)
        at com.tc.object.TCObjectServerMapImpl.getValueForKeyFromServer(TCObjectServerMapImpl.java:678)
        at com.tc.object.TCObjectServerMapImpl.getValueUnlocked(TCObjectServerMapImpl.java:559)
        at com.terracotta.toolkit.util.ExplicitLockingTCObjectServerMapImpl.getValueUnlocked(ExplicitLockingTCObjectServerMapImpl.java:349)
        at com.terracotta.toolkit.collections.map.ServerMap.doLogicalGetValueUnlocked(ServerMap.java:483)
        at com.terracotta.toolkit.collections.map.ServerMap.getSerializedMapValue(ServerMap.java:295)
        at com.terracotta.toolkit.collections.map.ServerMap.doGet(ServerMap.java:263)
        at com.terracotta.toolkit.collections.map.ServerMap.get(ServerMap.java:1274)
        at com.terracotta.toolkit.collections.map.AggregateServerMap.get(AggregateServerMap.java:395)
        at com.terracotta.toolkit.collections.map.ToolkitCacheImpl.get(ToolkitCacheImpl.java:251)

James House

Oct 20, 2017, 12:45:23 PM10/20/17
to terracotta-oss

Can you please confirm whether you're using the open source version of 4.3.2  (vs. commercial product) ?

Also, can you find a way to share the full thread dump, and preferably a few thread dumps taken a few seconds apart?

Lastly, are you using using explicit locking features (e.g. cache.acquireWriteLockOnKey(Object key)) ?

James

On Thursday, October 19, 2017 at 2:16:45 PM UTC-4,:

eo...@boomi.com

Oct 20, 2017, 3:12:09 PM10/20/17
to terracotta-oss
It is open source 4.3.2 and not the commercial product
We are not using explicit locking features.
Can I communicate with you directly about the thread dumps?

James House

Oct 24, 2017, 12:59:12 PM10/24/17
to terracotta-oss

Yes, you could email me a link to artifacts on something like dropbox, google drive, etc..

jli...@gmail.com

Oct 30, 2017, 10:40:35 AM10/30/17
to terracotta-oss
I have a very similar situation, can you post some of the possible solutions?