what causes com.tc.net.protocol.TCProtocolException: Invalid Header Length: 24, min: 32, max: 60, bu

Daniel Cullen

Feb 11, 2018, 7:55:48 AM2/11/18
to terracotta-oss
version: bigmemory-max-4.3.1
JDK 7 on Linux

Hi

New to the group, looking for some help on a perplexing problem

I have configured a client and cluster configuration with/without secure connections.

I have run my config successfully on one set of servers, but when I run on a different identical setup (client/cluster) other than hosts

I am getting the following error when trying to connect from the client application to the terracotta cluster

ERROR com.tc.net.core.TCConnectionManager - Exception thrown

com.tc.net.protocol.TCProtocolException: Invalid Header Length: 24, min: 32, max: 60, bufLen: 32

I have copied the same startup/config/ehcache files and generated the clientkeychain using the same scripts (hostnames is the only change to the scripts I made)

I can copy config etc but since it works on one of the setups, I can't see how that could be the issue

Each environment has the xpress-libs too

Can anyone please tell me what this error is, what' it is referring to file wise, it's shown in the terracotta_server.log and mentions inbound so appears it could be a problem

with the clientkeychain, it is mentioning it can't load the server configuration so it could be something else though.

I have tried modifying to just have one server in the cluster but this still fails to connect

Any help, greatly appreciated

thanx

Dan