Re: MICROSOFT OFFICE 2010 WORD X64 [thethingy] Download

Message has been deleted

Eliazar Basile

9:53 AM (8 hours ago) 9:53 AM
to terptravresbo

Write confidently and count on intelligent technology for spelling, grammar, and stylistic writing suggestions. Go from pen and paper to digital inking and edit intuitively with tools at your fingertips.

However, Internet access is required to install and activate all the latest releases of Office suites and all Microsoft 365 subscription plans. For Microsoft 365 plans, Internet access is also needed to manage your subscription account, for example to install Office on other PCs or to change billing options. Internet access is also required to access documents stored on OneDrive, unless you install the OneDrive desktop app.

MICROSOFT OFFICE 2010 WORD X64 [thethingy] download

Download File https://urllie.com/2yMUzT

If you cancel your subscription or it expires, you can still access and download all your files by signing in to OneDrive directly using the Microsoft account you used to set up Microsoft 365. You do lose the additional storage that comes with your subscription, so you must save your files elsewhere or buy more OneDrive storage if your OneDrive account exceeds the free storage quota.

If you purchase an auto-renew subscription, your subscription starts when you complete your purchase. You can purchase auto-renew subscriptions from Office365.com, MicrosoftStore.com, iTunes, and some other retailers. If you purchase a pre-paid subscription, your subscription starts when you activate your subscription and land on your My Account page. You can purchase pre-paid subscriptions from a retailer or reseller, or a Microsoft support agent.

If you have an active Microsoft 365 Family subscription, you can share it with up to five other people (six total). Each person you share your subscription with can use any of your available installs on their PCs, Macs, iPads, Android tablets, Windows tablets, iPhones or Android phones, get an additional 1 TB of cloud storage, and manage their own installs from www.account.microsoft.com.

To add someone to your subscription, vist www.office.com/myaccount and follow the onscreen instructions to add a user. Each person you add will receive an email with the steps they need to follow. Once they have accepted and completed the steps, their information, including the installs they are using, will appear on your My Account page. You can stop sharing your subscription with someone or remove a device they are using at www.office.com/myaccount.

The problem here is the switch to using such technical language seems abrupt since tracking pixels and cookies are introduced after this paragraph in the next section (in "Use of info" / "Information We Collect"). (It seems as if the text text may have been re-ordered at some point.) I think just mentioning that they are "technical terms" helps alleviate this problem. I also think "some" over-estimates how many people know that stuff, so "only a few" would make less people feel inadequate. My attempt at improving this paragraph reads like this:

The old privacy policy contains 16.790 characters in its main text versus the 33.582 characters of this draft as of now. So a doubling. - Is this a good development? Where's the summary, where's listing of principles? - Isn't that what we should be discussing, and not some long winded explanation and elaboration (even with cute animals)? --Anjoe (talk) 08:36, 12 September 2013 (UTC)

I notice that in a couple of places the policy states that WMF will "seek to" do something: We seek to put requirements, such as confidentiality agreements, in place and we seek to put requirements, such as reasonable technical and contractual protections, in place to protect privacy. (The same language is used above by User:Mpaulson (WMF).) This is presumably intentional, and to the extent that it is intentional, unacceptably feeble. WMF policy must surely be to succeed in putting these measures in place to protect privacy, not merely to seek to do so. If WMF is unable to put measures in place to adequately protect private information in the hands of third parties, it should not be giving the information to those parties at all. Spectral sequence (talk) 21:24, 12 September 2013 (UTC)

Were the drafters of this policy given or did they look at any other policies as models of policies that do it right? Which ones? I don't recall the site names offhand, but do recall a few sites that had great policies. What privacy policies do folks think are exemplary? Perhaps some good ones to look at: EFF?, FSF?, Yelp just updated theirs; it's relatively good, ...? What makes for an exemplary policy, IMO? It's short. It's specific. In terms of language, if not meaning, it's the opposite of the typical privacy policy.--Elvey (talk) 22:32, 13 September 2013 (UTC)

: "A policy is a principle or protocol to guide decisions and achieve rational outcomes. A policy is a statement of intent.." :Policies_and_guidelines: "Policies explain and describe standards that all users should normally follow.."

Under the heading Use,the policy talks about what would be my data, or my experience and then continuesto how we ("we", WF Inc) would understand the aforementioned better.For the latter undertaking, the text fails to give legal or technical or economical reasons in most of this section (and others).The text does appeal, though, to readers' susceptibility to advertising by using phrases like

Logging IPs of logged in users is a tool of surveillance. It is unnecessary. This only opens the door to governments who will ask you to hand over these IPs in order to get more information about their target. Stop it now, before it is too late. Who cares about the 10000 sock puppets if you can protect the human right on anonymity for the rest(>1000000) users? That only "a few admins will have access to the IPs" does not help. Who controls the controler? Who controls what happens in secret with the data ? You might add it s not secret that we collect the data: "We stated it in the policy that the data would be collected". But it s secret (not viewable) who accesses the stored data and when it was accessed. Storing the IP of logged in users is against :Wikipedia_is_anonymous . You can derive too many things by the knowledge of the IP to say that the user stays anonymous. SO DO NOT STORE IT. IT IS NOT NECESSARY. --92.193.47.88 20:16, 16 September 2013 (UTC)

Well it is interesting to see so many sharing concerns about IP addresses. I have an idea for your consideration - Hashed IP addresses.As I am sure you (as organization with a large website) are aware, hashing is often performed on users passwords. An interesting tutorial about this can be found on *****://crackstation.net/hashing-security.htm#normalhashing .Passwords are often hashed with salt for security reasons, however if wikipdia instead of logging IP addresses were to hash the addresses of users without accounts without salt, the hash produced (the same for each IP address) would still be useful to prevent article vandalism in a more privacy preserving fashion.If these HIPs as opposed to IP addresses were logged whistle-blowers or people with privileged or rare knowledge would have a higher, although far from perfect, degree of security contributing to wikipdia. I would very much like to see wikipdia leading the way to a more privacy friendly Internet.

Close as stale, will archive in 24-48 hours unless reopened. There was a response from the (still open) thread above at What about hiding the IP addresses of the users which is likely the best place to continue discussion if necessary. In the end I think this is a good discussion that could be had with the community and the tech department and would (personally) like to see it happen if we could find a way to do it but the privacy policy needs to reflect the practice at the time before that comes to pass. Jalexander--WMF 07:20, 12 November 2013 (UTC)

"IP adress.. which could be used to infer your geographical location".This is similar to discrimination. I'm fed up of websites using my IP address to categorise me. I happen not to be a native of the IP address given to me by my provider so I recieve all the wrong assumptions based on my IP adresss. The point is the assumption (geo location) should not be made in the first place. It's like tailoring your services to the user based on the color of his skin, language, location...

Last time I wrote a program which gathered all the IP addresses of the "recent changes" page and fed them to nmap with one click, that was fun, but not cool. So what about that? Greets--82.113.121.77 21:56, 5 September 2013 (UTC)

Closing off as stale discussion for now. I think this is a discussion that is going to have to happen outside of the privacy policy discussion with tech, legal and the community if we want to go forward with it. Jalexander--WMF 22:31, 6 November 2013 (UTC)

That said, in light of your comments and concerns, I think it is important that we at WMF give a little more thought about the idea of Rory. We accordingly are going to retire Rory from the privacy policy for now, and go back to the drawing board. One line of feedback was that the purpose of Rory was unclear. So we may brainstorm on that issue as a team, and, if we think we have a good idea of how to make that purpose more clear and effective, we will share it here. One theme I like in the discussion is including summary bullets in the left margin, so we are going to reflect about that as well.

In the current privacy policy sentence-style capitalization is used in titles (headers). Exactly what style of capitalization is used now? And what is the reason for changing? Is the new capitalization style presumed to be more clear?

The team behind the proposed draft of the new privacy policy have provided us with a nice summary of what the changes are supposed to be, and have been very patient at answering the many questions coming from community members involved in the discussion above. However, I haven't been able to find any information as to why we need a new privacy policy. The summary only says that we need a new policy because the previous one did not anticipate many technologies that we are using today; this is a very vague statement, and one that I'm not really comfortable with. (Really? Didn't we know in 2008 that GPS existed?) I would like to see a more thorough explanation from the Legal team as to why we need a new privacy policy; I'm quite sure I'm not the only one asking this question to myself. odder (talk) 20:29, 30 September 2013 (UTC)

b1e95dc632