Training the a new model based on previous trained model

siddhant sharma

Aug 1, 2019, 1:29:08 AM8/1/19
to tensor...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Currently I am training a text-text translation model, which is generating the checkpoint files which are in turn the models in the the output_dir location.

Now if I want to start training some other data-set again using the transformer model but want the training to start over the previously trained model, then what should I do?

Reverences
Siddhant Sharma

Martin Popel

Aug 1, 2019, 1:40:15 AM8/1/19
to siddhant sharma, tensor2tensor
Just use the same output_dir and continue training.
Make sure the new dataset uses the same subword vocabulary as the original training data.

Martin