Output_Costs table after model run remains empty

Rashid Zetter

Mar 24, 2023, 6:25:51 PM3/24/23
to Temoa Project
Good day community,

I successfully ran the most recent US_9R_8D.sqlite database available at the repository, with no errors displayed during the model run. I didn't make any changes to the database.

The output .sqlite has Output tables populated as expected, such as Output_Emissions, Output_V_Capacity, and Output_VFlows, except for Output_Costs, which is completely empty.

Is this expected behavior? Or am I missing something? I wanted to make some scenario assumptions and investigate what the output total energy system costs would be from these scenarios. I would appreciate some directions on why the model is not registering the costs.

Thank you for your time; looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Rashid

Rashid Zetter

Mar 27, 2023, 7:17:46 PM3/27/23
to Temoa Project
Good day,

As a follow-up on my previous thread, the same happens with the most recent US_9R_8D_NZ.sqlite database; after running Temoa with no errors, the Output_Costs table remains completely empty as with the US_9R_8D.sqlite database.

I wonder what edits would need to be done to produce the desired output costs of the energy system; since the cost tables CostFixed, CostVariable, and CostInvest have the exogenous data in them.

Thank you; looking forward to your response.

Regards,
Rashid

Katie Jordan

Mar 27, 2023, 7:19:18 PM3/27/23
to Temoa Project
Hi Rashid,

This is expected behavior if you’re running myopic mode. Myopic mode will not return Output_Cost values.

Best,
Katie

Kanyako (F_K)

Apr 23, 2024, 2:01:46 PMApr 23
to Temoa Project
Hi All,

I have a similar issue. I do not know how to access the "DiscountedInvestmentByProcess" from using the myopic run.
If this is the expected behavior, where or how do you thrive the discounted investment or total system cost??

Any advice??

Best
Franklyn