Please fwd: Jobs in power sector modeling, for enviro policy and infrastructure analysis. Internships too.

Dan Shawhan

Mar 22, 2024, 8:34:35 PMMar 22
to temoa-...@googlegroups.com

Dear colleagues,

Please forward this email to people who may be interested in a job (or internship) doing simulation modeling of the US electric power sector for analysis of environmental policies, other policies, and proposed generation and transmission projects. To meet the demand for this influential modeling, there are multiple openings. For each new member of our friendly team, the job will call for mastering a sophisticated engineering-economic simulation model, and for some combination of programming, results analysis, writing, management, and related activities. This is an excellent opportunity for people with strong skills who are interested in helping to improve decisions about environmental and energy policies. The jobs are at Resources for the Future, a leading environmental and energy policy think tank known for the rigor of its research and analysis. New team members can start between now and summer 2024. We will start reviewing applications as they come in. We suggest applying by April 8, but will keep reviewing applications until the positions are filled (at which time we will take down the job descriptions).

There are two full-time job descriptions. The first is for research associate or senior research associate. These titles are for those with at least a bachelor’s degree and four years of relevant experience or a master’s degree and two years of relevent experience.
The second is for research analyst or senior research analyst. These titles are typically for those with less than the above amounts of experience, but the work they do is still sophisticated and influential. The application pages for both positions can be accessed via https://www.rff.org/careers/.

We also have 2024 summer internships: https://www.rff.org/careers/summer-research-internships/.
Application period for those nominally closes today (March 22) but at least for the one entitled "Improving a Leading Electricity Sector Environmental Policy Analysis Model," we will review applications received through at least Monday (March 25) to allow time for applications in response to this email.

It is fine to include this email, or any parts of it, in job emails or on job boards. Apologies for cross-postings.

Regards,

Dan Shawhan

Daniel Shawhan

Resources for the Future, www.rff.org