How representative are FLUXNET measurements of surface fluxes during temperature extremes?

Amos Tai

Apr 30, 2019, 7:50:45 PM4/30/19
to te...@googlegroups.com
Relevant for many of you.
--
Amos P. K. Tai

Begin forwarded message:

From: <subscr...@copernicus.org>
Date: 1 May 2019 at 2:02:34 AM HKT
To: <amo...@cuhk.edu.hk>
Subject: BG article alert

Dear Amos Tai,

We are pleased to inform you about the publication of the following articles that match your alert selection:

BG
How representative are FLUXNET measurements of surface fluxes during temperature extremes?
by Sophie V. J. van der Horst, Andrew J. Pitman, Martin G. De Kauwe, Anna Ukkola, Gab Abramowitz, and Peter Isaac
https://www.biogeosciences.net/16/1829/2019/
Short Summary: Measurements of surface fluxes are taken around the world and are extremely valuable for understanding how the land and atmopshere interact, and how the land can amplify temerature extremes. However, do these measurements sample extreme temperatures, or are they biased to the average? We examine this question and highlight data that do measure surface fluxes under extreme conditions. This provides a way forward to help model developers improve their models.

You can manage your BG alerts at: https://editor.copernicus.org/BG/alert_manage/18405/7t0q9p251m3yqqkb

Thank you very much for your interest. Please contact me for assistance.

Kind regards,

Natalie Walter
Copernicus Publications
subscr...@copernicus.org