[racchabanda] Good Poems for bad Times"

karavadi raghavarao

Feb 20, 2011, 4:41:10 AM2/20/11
to racch...@yahoogroups.com
Dear Friends,
I want to express my views on Farmers of India and Literature
and Cinemas

produced with the subject Farmers.My basic doubt is will Literature and arts
solve the problems of Farmers? The film producers make such films to get mass
collections,The poets will write poetry
for fame and money.Most of them have no sympathy for farmers.During my Boyhood
there cam e a
film by name " Rojulu Marayi. That was banned as the film was preaching the
communist Philosophy.The Ban was lifted after some days and the picture in those
days became e a super-hit
The Song " Eruvaka Sagaroo ranno chinnna" reverberated through out AP.The
Producers of the film

are Saradhi Studios owned by the Zamindars of Challapalli.I also like that song
of "Eruvaka" by Kosarju Raghavaiah Chodhary which combined in it Hasya and
Karuna Rasas while the language is Adbhutham.So much of literature has come on
farmers.Even in Amukthamalyadha Bhimaeswara Puranam and others there is
description about Agriculture and Farmers.In India Agriculture as a profession
is looked down.When that attitude changes only Farming gets respect.In a
Doctor's Family all will be doctors. The children of Film heroes are opting to
the same profession. In Politics I need not mention what is happening.The day on
which a farmer's son or daughter want to become a farmer in spite of his or
high education then the Farmers will be happy.Not with Poetry.or Cinemas on
them.
By birth or by study I am not connected to
Agriculture.But as a Bank employee I came in to direct touch with Agriculture
worked in the most Backward districts and areas in Telangana,Rayalaseema,
Prakasam District and in Karimgunj of Assam.I tried to implement all the
polices of Government with in my delegated authority. That is why I am telling
this. Indian Farmers are the most Hard Working but not that fortunate enough.

Karavadi Raghava Rao

Courtesy: http://www.kanneganti.com/